You know summer is upon us when we hit Coachella weekend comes. Festivals kick start summer season, drinking cider in a field with all your friends listening to your favourite music and bands. Here is how musical festival event organisers use web hosting to promote their festival online.
What Is Web Hosting?
Web hosting is simply a service that allows companies, marketers and bloggers to post a website or even just a page on the Internet. A web hosting service provider is a brand or business that provides you with all the technologies that you will need for the page or website to be viewed by the reader.
How Music Festivals Use The Internet & Social Media
The Internet has been a modern day phenomenon. With the ability to connect with friends and consumers all over the globe it has made the world a much smaller place. Business can engage with consumers – allowing them to purchase goods and services online 24/7 no matter where they are in the world. With the growth of the Internet came the introduction of social media. Where you can share your daily thoughts and feelings on Twitter, share and send funny videos to your friends on Facebook or post photos of your holidays or avocado on toast on Instagram.
With this, festival organisers are promoting their events via social media – splashing their line up all over your timeline. They are also using social media influencers to promote their festival on their page – already accumulating a large loyal following.
How Music Festivals Use Marketing & Promotion
Traditional marketing is still extremely valuable in today’s modern crowded market.
Radio – the radio is a great way for event organisers to get headlining acts on the radio. The more popular the band is and the more of their music is listened to – the more tickets the festival will sell. For example Arctic Monkeys made their UK comeback at TRNSMT festival in 2018 and tickets sold out within a day.
TV & YouTube – although people are converting to Netflix slowly there is still a mass audience that you can attract to your festival through TV and YouTube adverts. People sitting at home watching television can easily purchase tickets on their phone then and there no matter what time of day it is.
The Best Musical Festivals In 2019
- Glastonbury – the most famous UK festival with Liam Gallagher, Miley Cyrus and The Cure performing.
- TRNSMT – one of the newest music festivals in the UK, this is Glasgow’s replacement of T in the Park. With 3 days of jam packed music from Snow Patrol, George Ezra and Catfish & The Bottlemen.
- Leeds & Reading – With acts jumping between the 2 festivals this is North vs South. With the Foo Fighters, Twenty One Pilots, 1975 and Post Malone headlining the stages.
- Isle of Wight – Enjoy Biffy Clyro, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds and Richard Ashcroft at the sunny Isle of Wight – one of England’s most loved festivals! One not to be missed this summer!
- Benicàssim – With Barcelona’s sun and sangria you will definitely have a great time at this festival. Headlining acts include Kings of Leon, Fatboy Slim and Franz Ferdinand.